Time to Rally the Troops!
Your mission, should you choose to accept it…
Is to take these toolkits and distribute them as far and as wide as you can. Extend our outreach by reaching out to others.
- Going to your doctor’s office? Print out a copy of the Physicians and Healthcare Professionals Toolkit for the staff and the accompanying Individuals Toolkit. Leave a few in the lobby if you are allowed, or drop them off on your way as you hit the pharmacy, the coffee shop and the community market.
- Are you visiting a Nutrition Professional? Start your conversation by taking one of the Nutrition Counseling Toolkits with you to see what insight your dietary support person has regarding the content.
- Do you go to a rec club or a gym for an exercise class? There’s probably a bulletin board to post relevant information so share a copy of the Fitness Professionals Toolkit for Individuals at that location while providing the instructors of the front desk a copy of the Toolkit for Fitness Professionals themselves.
- Do you or does your child participate in sports and group activities? Why don’t you print a copy of the Schools and Kids’ Programs Toolkits and sit down with that program leader to discuss their interaction with the kids and community? Sometimes discussing expectations of behavior and leadership in advance of team play can stave off problems down the road.
- Do you feel as though your mental health professional is giving you the support you need? Do you know someone who is struggling to be heard by their treatment provider? Sometimes having a printout can make all the difference when addressing issues like weight bias and weight stigma in a counseling setting. Encourage them to speak up by providing copies of the Psychotherapy Toolkits for Professional as well as for Individual use.
No matter where you go, you can promote weight bias and weight stigma prevention and you can USE THESE TOOLS because, as this year’s tagline says, they are the Tools That Build Conversations!
Build a conversation TODAY!