Be sure to ask questions, learn all you can, and consider what seems right for you. You have a right to the best treatment available, and a provider should welcome your questions and concerns.
Key binge eating treatment provider questions include:
- Have you worked specifically with binge eating disorder?
- Do you see any issues unique to this disorder vs. other eating disorders that need to be addressed?
- How do you approach working with the symptom of bingeing?
- What do you see as the primary goals of recovery?
- How do you define “success” with regard to eating and weight?
- How do you define “healthy weight?”
- How do you address weight stigma with clients?
- How do you feel about dieting for weight loss?
- What are the primary modalities you use and what is your training?