Imagine a world where people are supported in living happy, healthy lives, free of judgment about the size of their bodies…this is the mission of BEDA’s Weight Stigma Awareness Week.
Help us bring our mission to life!
Join The Binge Eating Disorder Association (BEDA) for its 3rd Annual Weight Stigma Awareness Week
September 23-27, 2013
Our goal is to make significant strides in:
- Increasing awareness of the pervasiveness and destructive nature of weight stigma, and
- Providing effective strategies for combating weight stigma
The week will feature a blog conference with tracks addressing:
- Weight Stigma in Diverse Populations
- Health and Weight Stigma
- Consequences of Weight Stigma in Healthcare, Employment and Education
- Weight Stigma Research
- Weight Stigma Viewed Through the Eating Disorders Lens – Clinical
- Combating Weight Stigma
The blog conference will also include an innovative art project, a virtual mixer, Tweetchat, webinars, and more. Stay tuned for details!
How You Can Participate:
We encourage you to join in both our
- Attend the Keynote Address and Virtual Mixer on Monday, September 23rd at 7:00. This will be a Google+ Hangouts on Air event featuring Brian Cuban, author of Shattered Image: My Triumph Over Body Dysmorphic Disorder. (Submit questions for the Q&A to WSAW(@)bedaonline.com)
- Meme-Hunt with Ragen Chastain: We are holding a meme-hunt with our Sponsor Organizations on Facebook. Follow our Sponsor Organizations to find the 10 memes featuring Ragen Chastain of Dances with Fat during WSAW and win a signed copy of Shattered Image!
- Join us on our Facebook Event Page – Weight Stigma Awareness Week 2013!
- Join us on Google+!
- Get updates and learn more on Twitter by following the hashtags: #WSAW, #WEIGHTSTIGMA, #bullying, #bodyimage, #bodyacceptance or visit BEDA to take part as our campaign grows!
JOIN THE CAMPAIGN TO END WEIGHT STIGMA TODAY!